QED Law online seminars – Zoom
Established in 2004, QED Law has provided annual revision seminars at University College London for Law students. This year, due to the coronavirus outbreak, the seminars will take place online using the Zoom platform.
The seminars will provide
- Clarification of the key issues and the most frequently examined topics
- Advice on technique in answering questions in law exams – how to structure answers
- Valuable insight into what examiners are looking for when marking law exams.
“I would definitely recommend the QED revision sessions to students. I had planned to only attend the Criminal Law seminar but after the session I found it so useful that I immediately booked on to the Contract seminar later in the week.” Ami Patterson, LLB, University of Bristol
“The QED law lectures are a must for any law student heading into their exams. They gave me a much needed confidence boost and they have made such a difference to my exam marks.” Anthony Davis, LLB, Open University
“The QED seminars were very useful indeed and helped me get a clear understanding of the subjects covered.” Eleni Simillidi, LLB, University of Leicester
“The QED Law revision seminars are great! I am particularly impressed with how organised the whole course is, from sending revision/lecture notes prior to the lecture, to sending extra notes after the lectures.” Man Hei, LLB, LSE
“Trusts was fantastic – thanks.” Amber Slamaite, LLB, University of Cambridge
Zoom online seminar programme 2020
TO BOOK SECURELY ONLINE: CLICK HERE
Schedule All times shown are UK times
Sat May 30th 16.00 - 19.20 Property Law - G Vuolo
• General rules on creation of interests and priorities on sale (registered / unregistered land)
• Leases – nature and acquisition (and distinction from licences)
Sun May 31st 16.00 - 19.20 Criminal Law - N Baird
• Non fatal offences - sections 18, 20 and 47 OAPA 1861, assault and battery.
• Defences including self-defence, duress, mistake, intoxication, automatism, insanity etc.
• Homicide - structuring answers.
Sat June 6th 16.00 - 19.20 Equity & Trusts - C de Than
• Charities and the beneficiary principle
Sat June 6th 16.00 - 19.20 Tort Law - T Aquino
• Duty for words, pure economic loss, breach, causation, remoteness, defences, vicarious liability
• Duty for omissions, psychiatric harm (nervous shock), breach, causation, remoteness, defences, vicarious liability
• Occupiers Liability Acts 1957 and 1984
• Nuisance - both public and private and Rylands v Fletcher
Sun June 7th 16.00 - 19.20 Contract Law - G Vuolo
• Consideration (including duress) and estoppel
• Remedies (damages)
Sat June 13th 16.00 - 19.20 Public Law - C Cotterell
• Characteristics of the UK constitution
• Constitutional Conventions
• Limited Government and Separation of Powers including Rule of Law (elements)
Sun June 14th 16.00 - 19.20 EU Law - D Edwards
• The supremacy of EU law and the EU law principle of effectiveness
• Human rights in EU law
• Free Movement of Persons in EU Law.
FEE PER SEMINAR £35 per seminar (3hrs 20mins)
TO BOOK SECURELY ONLINE: CLICK HERE
“The seminars are a great way of getting up to speed with a subject but more importantly how to tackle it in an exam. I have enjoyed them all and have recommended them to others.” Alex Cameron, LLB, Open University
“The QED Law review seminars in Tort and Contract were extremely helpful in helping me prepare for the exam. I would definitely recommend them for anyone struggling with the material, or who is already doing well and wants to excel further.” Sylvia Awad, LLB, University of Leicester
“I signed up for Public Law, Contract and Tort Law and they were incredibly useful.” Arvin Chandrasegar, LLB, University of Nottingham
Recorded lecture presentations.
In addition to online seminars and tutorials we produce recorded video lecture presentations which combine audio recordings with visual text aids. They are viewable on all laptops, mobile phones and other devices.
Originally produced for distance learning students on the University of London LLB the recordings are now available for students on all LLB and GDL programmes.
Immediate access when you order securely online from London Law Lectures
“Very pleased with the lectures from London Law Lectures. All the lecturers were knowledgable in their subject areas and their step-by-step approach to problem questions, in particular, was incredibly useful.” Elizabeth Fraser, University of London LLB, UK
“The lectures are excellent. I purchased lectures for each exam that I wrote and they concisely and clearly explained key concepts.” Dr Monica Francis, University of London LLB, Canada